Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Lessons commence 8:45 am
Recess: 11:00 am – 11.20 am
Lessons: 11:20 am – 12:20 pm
Eating Lunch: 12:20 am – 12:35 pm
Play: 12:35 am – 1:00 pm
Lessons: 1:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday: Early Close 2.30 pm
Mullaloo Beach Primary School is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment, based on the premise that each student has the right to learn and each teacher has the right to teach. The likelihood of learning success is strongly linked to regular attendance and engagement in educational programs. Students who do not attend regularly risk poor academic achievement and a greater risk of social disadvantage.
Parents have the responsibility to inform the school if their child is absent and the reason for this absence. Mullaloo Beach PS monitors and manages student attendance in order to maximize the opportunity for students to learn. We work in partnership with the parents and caregivers to ensure the best possible outcome for our students.
Daily attendance tracking:
- Classroom teachers will maintain daily attendance using Integris. Records will be updated before 8.45am and 1.00pm daily.
- The school sends an SMS to parents for unexplained absences.
- Parents are able to contact the school via SMS to 0437 908 750, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone administration on 9307 2099.
- Students who are late arriving must go through the office and collect a late note.
- On return to school:
- If there is no explanation for the absence, the teacher will email home a request for an explanation to be completed and returned by the parent/caregiver.
- Upon return of the note, the teacher will update Integris.
Students should arrive at school just after 8:30am in preparation for their 8:45am start. The classroom rolls are electronically marked at the beginning of each day. When a student arrives at school after this time, parents are requested to report to the school office where the student will be issued with an electronic “Late Note”. This note is handed to the classroom teacher and a late status is recorded in the school’s computerised attendance register. It is important that parents follow this procedure as we rely on the late and student withdrawal books to account for students in the event of an emergency situation when the school has to evacuate.