How to Enrol

Mullaloo Beach Primary School welcomes all new enrolments. If a family resides in the local intake area school aged students are guaranteed a position in the school.  If a family resides outside the local intake area and wish to enrol, please make an appointment to discuss your options with the school.

Application for Enrolment Form Primary

In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten, however compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-primary.

Who needs to enrol?

You need to apply to enrol your child(ren) in school for 2023 if they are:

  • starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2023
  • starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2023
  • changing schools.

The following information is also essential and must be provided at the time of enrolment:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Identity documents
  • Australian Childhood Immunsation Register (ACIR) history statement
  • Court orders (if applicable)
  • Proof of address
  • Details of any disability
  • Any ongoing medical condition and procedure to be followed during the school day. A Health Care Authorisation must be completed.

Please see the table at the Department of Education website to calculate the year your child will start school.

Immunsation Requirements (AIR Immunisation History Statement)

Vaccine-preventable diseases, such as measles or mumps, can have serious health consequences for young children and others in the community.

The childcare and classroom environment, where children are in close proximity to each other, allows diseases to spread quickly between children who are not fully vaccinated. Other visitors such as parents and other family members, are also at risk if they are not vaccinated.

You can help protect your child by ensuring his or her vaccinations are up-to-date.

Recent legislative changes under the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) (external site) and School Education Act 1999 (WA) (external site) strengthen immunisation requirements in the following ways:

  • When enrolling your child into a childcare service, community kindergarten or school you need to provide your child’s current Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement as part of enrolment documentation. The statement must be dated within 2 months of the date of application for enrolment.
  • Child care services and schools may be requested to report the immunisation information of children enrolled, to the Department of Health.

Immunisation Parent support and consent form